Fall has always been my favorite season for fashion. After a long hot summer, I get so excited to start wearing sweaters, boots, scarves, jackets, jeans… there are just so many styles to work with. Who wants to spend full price on all that though? That’s why I always love to go thrifting at the Goodwill for all my favorite fall trends.
Here are 5 tips that will help you thrift shop at the Goodwill like a pro this fall:
- Shop the VIP Sales – There is always a sale going on at the Goodwill, whether it’s 50% off color of the week tags, $1 tags on Saturdays, or fill a bag for $12.99 on Sundays, you are always bound to run into a sale. Stick to the sale items to guarantee the best prices!
- Sign up to be a Goodwill VIP – By becoming a Goodwill VIP, you will be alerted to all the latest sales and discounts. You will receive e-mails and text messages alerting you, so you will never miss a sale.
- Give yourself plenty of time – Thrifting can be time consuming, especially when you’re looking for some great finds. I recommend setting aside a decent amount of time to browse the racks and try on the clothes. Personally, I like to get there early in the morning as the store opens to insure I have lots of time and it’s usually less crowded.
- Look for brands you know and love – I like to stick to brands that I know well, because I’m familiar with how they fit and wear. I look for brands like J.Crew, Banana Republic, Gap, Old Navy and H&M.
- Try it on- I don’t always shop my size at Goodwill. Because your buying used clothes, they have been washed and worn and sometimes they fit differently used than when they are brand new. I often can buy sizes that are 2 sizes bigger than what I wear. You don’t want to over look something just because it’s not your exact size. Also, remember that you can always alter your clothes after you buy them, so that’s why you should always try it on before buying.
So now that you know how to navigate your way around a Goodwill Thrift Store, what should you be shopping for this fall?
Here is a list of items that I have been having great luck finding this fall at my local Goodwill.
- Sweaters and Cardigans
- Ankle boots
- Jackets and Coats
- Fall Decor
Good luck in your thrifting this fall! For more great thrift tips, follow @GoodwillVegas & @thriftywifehappylife on Instagram.
By Katie Margaret