Find out if you or a loved one qualifies for one of Goodwill’s free programs.
Goodwill of Southern Nevada believes everyone who wants to work should have the opportunity to work. We believe work builds character, strength and pride in people which in turn builds stronger communities. That is why Goodwill of Southern Nevada’s programs provide education, hands on work experience and assistance to anyone ready and willing to work, no matter their barrier to employment.
Digital Skills Programs
Need help with your job search, or have questions about our new digital skills programs? For assistance, please call 702-214-2025. To sign up online for career services, visit gwsn.org/missionsignup.
Northstar Digital Learning Assessments
• The Northstar Digital Literacy Assessment is a group of standards-based interactive assessment modules that measure adult digital literacy skills at a basic level.
GCF Learn Free
• GCFGLobal – The freedom to learn what you want, when you want, absolutely free! Check out our Everyday Life, Basic Math, and Computer Training today!
Skills 2 Succeed Academy
• Accenture’s Skills to Succeed Academy is a free, highly interactive online training program. It helps learners build the skills and confidence they need to make smart career choices and find and succeed in employment.
Microsoft Digital Training
• Find the IT training you need. Microsoft offers free online training courses with certificates that can help you build your skills and advance your career.
Google Applied Digital Skills
• Thousands of teachers and students are using Applied Digital Skills to improve digital literacy, and we’re adding new lessons regularly. Join us and start today.
• Enhance Your Skills With Expert-Led, Online Video Tutorials. Sign Up Today! Get 24/7, Unlimited Access To Over 15,000 Business, Design & Tech Online Courses. Learn In-Demand Skills. Start Your Free Month. Access Anytime, Anywhere. Advance Your Career.
Indeed Career Guide
• Career advice on how to find a job, write your resume and cover letter, ace your interviews, start a new job, and choose career paths. partner.indeed.com/goodwill/
Online Career Workshops & Live Q&A
• Goodwill is offering online workshops and career services to all job seekers. To view a calendar of Workshops, please visit GoodwillVegas.org/workshops.
Veteran Integration Program
Are you a transitioning military member, a military spouse or a veteran?
Goodwill has free services available!
• Vocational and occupational skills training
• Translate military experience to civilian language on your resume
• Assistance with work cards, clothing vouchers and more
A partnership between Goodwill of Southern Nevada, The State of Nevada Bureau of Vocational Rehabilitation (BVR) and The Veterans Administration (VA), this program uses real work environments to assess specific work skills that participants with disabilities currently possess, as well as offer training for the development of new skills necessary for successful employment.
There are 4 different types of Community Based Training: Retail Training, Culinary Training, Janitorial Training and Warehouse Training.
All participants are referred to this program through either BVR or VA. After the assessment is complete, Goodwill provides career counseling, as well as job training and employment opportunities to those with disabilities who are enrolled in Community Based Training via its Career Centers.
To inquire about the CBT program please call 702-214-2010.
Student Work Experience Program (SWEP)
The goal of the program is to provide students with a real-work experience environment and an opportunity to gain job skills.
These students volunteer once a week at a designated store for one to two hours. Under their teachers’ supervision, they assist with retail and/or processing tasks depending on their individual level of functionality.
Provides volunteer opportunities to special education students from 36 high schools in the Clark County School District.
To inquire about the SWEP program please call 702-214-2010.
Skills To Enable Personal Success (STEPS)
A partnership between Goodwill of Southern Nevada and The State of Nevada Bureau of Vocational Rehabilitation (BVR), this program serves youth with disabilities ages 14 thru 21. It combines obtaining new education (whether GED, college or trade schools) with transition work opportunities.
All participants are referred to this program through BVR.
All participants are referred to this program through BVR. To inquire about the STEPS program please call 702-214-2010.
Volunteer at Goodwill
Goodwill of Southern Nevada understands time is precious, and when you choose to give the gift of your time, you are looking for a rewarding experience that makes a positive impact. That’s why Goodwill works with you to create a personalized volunteer experience that you and/or your group will love.
Why choose Goodwill for your volunteer experience:
More Locations – With over 15 stores, Goodwill can create a volunteer experience close to your home, business or group’s location.
More Experiences – Whether you want to work hands-on with our donation and retail teams, we will work with you and/or your group to create a personalized volunteer experience.
Make A Real Difference – When you volunteer at Goodwill you are helping unemployed Nevadans get jobs. Jobs matter! Because a job is a systemic solution to poverty – it is the best way to fight depression, hunger, addiction, family instability and more. Together we can end unemployment in our community.
Can I do my community service or fulfill my work program at Goodwill?
Goodwill is the perfect organization to help you complete your community service. Goodwill currently accepts court ordered, work program, and school community service referrals. Community Service Volunteers will have the opportunity to choose from 14 locations across the Vegas Valley, and one store in Pahrump where Community Service Work can be done. Before beginning your Community Service Work Experience at Goodwill, you will need to enroll and attend Volunteer orientation. Starting June 22, 2020, you will need to enroll and attend orientation at either Goodwill Rainbow Career Center (741 S. Rainbow Blvd.), or Goodwill The Boulevard Mall Career Center ( 3700 S. Maryland Pkwy.) between 10:30am – 3:00pm.You must arrive with your own face mask to attend orientation. To schedule your appointment or for more information, please call our Volunteer Team at (702) 214-2080 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. No Walk-in’s will be allowed. If any paperwork needs to be signed by the volunteer staff, please allow 48 hours to process. Those volunteering must follow the Safety Guidelines for all staff and volunteers.
Virtual Enrollment And Orientation
Goodwill is committed to offering you the choice and comfort of signing up and doing your orientation online starting June 24, 2020. Your referral form as well as your current picture ID – front will need to be uploaded into your application. Once you register and complete orientation, someone from the volunteer team will be reaching out to confirm your orientation and asking for any missing information. If you would like to speak to someone before please reach out to them at 702-214-2080. You cannot begin until you speak with someone on the volunteer team. Please click on the link to begin your enrollment and orientation process https://gwsn.org/MissionServices/VolRegistration